MeshBox Weekly (2019.07.15-2019.07.21)
This week is the tradable energy week for MeshBox and SmartMesh. From July 18th to 19th, MeshBox CTO Peter Yan and SmartMesh founder Henry Wang joined Smart Grid and Power Electronics Consortium Singapore(SPECS) by the invitation from the Singapore Nanyang Technological University’s Energy Research Director Dr. Koh.
MeshBox CTO Peter Yan and SmartMesh founder Henry joined Singapore FinTech Association (SFA) as they were invited by the Chairman Chia Hock Lai. Dr. Yan showcased MeshBox Tesla and demonstrate SMT’s world-first network-less payment function.
Here are our specific works this week:
- The MeshBox system software V1.2.4: completes the basic function test.
- MeshBox APP Android version: adds 4G module configuration and information, adds Photon version and Spectrum version with operation information, and adds Mesh networking information. The above content has been developed.
- MeshBox Maxwell Project: The new Maxwell changed the certification laboratory and has already made an appointment. Prepare for the first pre-test rectification.
- MeshBox Tesla Project: produce silk screen related design sample.
- MeshBox Tesla Project: built motherboard, rf board, etc. Assemble to test.
- MeshBox Tesla Project: received the sample of outer shell. After the overall problem is reported, the factory will modify the shell.
The specific work of the markets are as follows:
- Today (July 22nd), MeshBox CTO Peter Yan and SmartMesh founder Henry Wang had a deep discussion with Nanyang Technological University Tradable Energy project team. The project team was supported by a number of funds from Singapore, the United States, Germany, etc. The tradable energy project team watched the MeshBox Demo and recognized the Photon Network’s ability to pay for the tradable energy M2M. The original blockchain bottleneck in the energy trading of the project can be effectively solved through the Photon Network. The two parties will next explore the potential cooperation of the joint construction of the tradable energy test bed and the project fund.
- MeshBox CTO Peter Yan and SmartMesh founder Henry joined Singapore FinTech Association (SFA) as they were invited by the Chairman Chia Hock Lai. Chairman Xie said that the Singapore FinTech Association is not only focused on the financial side but should also pay more attention to the development of cutting-edge technology. He hopes that Henry Wang and Dr. Yan can jointly set up the Emerging Technology Committee.
Dr. Yan showcased MeshBox Tesla and demonstrate SMT’s world-first network-less payment function. President Xie hopes that we will bring a few more to the SFA to showcase the results of the Singapore blockchain business. He just participated in the Asian-African Financial Technology Festival, which was organized by the Singapore Monetary Authority MAS and the Kenyan Central Bank. He said that Kenya needs our technology very much. Chairman Xie invited Henry Wang to speak at the Singapore Blockchain Day on August 31 and showcase the blockchain technology achievements.
- From July 18th to 19th, MeshBox CTO Peter Yan and SmartMesh founder Henry Wang were invited by Dr. Koh, Director of the Energy Research Institute of Nanyang Technological University, to join Smart Grid and Power Electronics Consortium Singapore. There is a huge potential for MeshBox and SmartMesh technology to be applied to tradable energy projects. SmartMesh and Meshbox collaborate with MicroSys (Singapore), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), T3DP (USA), and Ryujin Lab (Korea) to propose 3D solar panels with 3D printing function of the HyperMesh energy exchange system. After the refinement, the program will apply for a number of Singapore government funds, including but not limited to SPECS, ECOLABS, EMA, with a quota of between S$500 and S$3 million. The tradable energy solution will be based on Singapore’s REIDS as a test bed after R&D integration, and its results will be promoted globally. For example, the project is applicable to the Philippines, upgrading ordinary Jeepney (small bus) to solar power Jeepney.